The other day, Elizabeth from Tidy Models wrote to us and asked why Watu’s autofill was only offering her one address option. A problem that we would have loved to solve, if we actually offered autofill in the first place.
It was a fantastic idea and I started to add it to the to-do list…but hold on, hello brilliance! If browsers are already offering this for us, why double the work?
Here’s how to add autofill options via Chrome:*
(*Why Chrome? Because it’s our most compatible browser.)
- Click the menu button in Chrome near the upper right corner and select ‘Settings’
- Click on ‘Advanced Settings’
- Scroll down to ‘Password and Forms’ and select ‘Manage Autofill Settings’
4. Select ‘Add new street address’
5. Add in your frequently used addresses then hit ok
6. Next time you’re building a job in Watu, start to enter the address and watch autofill pop up
My extra tip? Make sure that little red pin pops up — and in the right location — as this confirms the job has been mapped correctly, and can be made public.
Software magic, brought to you by W̶a̶t̶u̶ Chrome