Payroll is a fantastic feature of Watu, allowing agencies to have the confidence they are always paying staff, and never double-paying shifts, but we realise it’s a bit disjointed at the moment.
Currently, agencies do the following:
- Run exports for PAYE staff wages
- Run exports for PAYE staff expenses
- Log invoices for Self-employed staff
- Export payroll batches for Self-employed staff
The exports created contain valuable data but the process to export them needed some revisiting, so we have a new proposal: all the exports, in one sheet, and no more logging self-employed invoices.
How will it look?
Sometimes features are best explained with images. Here is how new payroll could look:
So what would change?
- Self-employed staff: You would no longer have to mark each invoice received. Instead, signing off would confirm the wages and you would be able to run the export immediately based on the date of the shifts
- One export, not 3: You would be able to run the export for PAYE wages, PAYE expenses, and Self-employed payments all at the same time into one document (maintaining the relevant columns for each)
- Toggles: The ability to toggle before exporting, choosing between exporting expenses, PAYE wages, or self-employed payments – or all three
Let us know what you think:
How we rebuild this feature will depend on your feedback, so let us know! Is this a time-saving move forward for your agency? Or is there a change that will leave you short of data? Let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and sharing your thoughts.